Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Bus Stop !

Ahhhhhh - the morning trip to the bus stop with the boys. I have to snicker to myself about this because I wasn't supposed to be making this trip with them every day. Originally I started off just planning to walk for a week or two, show Tyler the ropes, make sure Hayden was keeping his eye on his brother, etc.

Well, after a few days it was quite evident that I was going to be doing this trip a lot more than I had planned! Tyler is such a sweet boy but as I learned, EASILY distracted! If his brother races him he doesn't stop to think about traffic or anything, he is in race mode! Anything he sees that has been left behind by another kid or a special looking rock, worm on the sidewalk, bird that flies by, all grab his attention and distract him from his destination. Hayden tends to get caught up in chatting with the neighbor and doesn't quite see where Ty is at. And then there is the situation of the kids at the bus stop. Mind you, there is about 27-30 kids total at this bus stop and there has been many times that I was very glad I was there! I have seen brothers take each other down into the street fighting, kids being mean, pushing, shoving, etc. And there are rarely any other parents there sooooo, being who I am I have silently taken on the job of Bus Line Attendant.
Someone has to keep the kids from killing each other!

Here we are leaving the driveway. When Hayden found out I was going to blog this today he tried to hide the camera. Him and the neighbor boy (also named Hayden believe it or not - they even have the same birth date, but my Hayden is a few years older) made a point of staying away from me!


Tyler didn't seem to mind too much.

This is about the distance the boys kept from me for most of the trip. But, actually this isn't abnormal. Hayden is at that stage where he needs you when he's hurt and when he is hungry but after that he pretends he doesn't know me. I try to not go out of my way to embarras him but sometimes it just slips out! Isn't that what parents are for? We keep them humble!


This is another picture of Tyler walking with me but this time he is walking backwards while he talks to me, he also skips and does assorted things to keep as much motion going as possible. He likes to be "active"!

The boys again . . . . keeping a safe distance!

Now we are approaching the bus stop. The boys are already in line pretending they have no idea who this person is with the camera. Of course I let everyone at the bus stop know what I am doing. Hey, they asked!

This is only part of the group of kids that meet at this stop. The really tall kid in the picture is named Trevor. He is a really nice boy. He is taller than me and he is actually a few months younger than Hayden! I KNOW!
He is very nice to Tyler. They have a secret handshake and things like that. I hassle him a lot because he always seems to forget his coat and looks like he should be freezing although he claims he is fine.


You should have seen how all the kids cleared away when I asked this little girl (Brooke) if I could take her picture with Ty. She lives right across the street from the bus stop and her Mom comes out and chats with me sometimes. She has the cutest little sisters. This is also the girl who shares the seat with Tyler. She is really sweet.


Kids loading up! Bus drivers - nerves of steel!

I actually caught a picture of Hayden on the bus. By the time the flash had gone off he ducked in his seat. He doesn't think I got the picture but he will see that I did! Mom's are quick when they want to be. We have stealth when it comes to stuff like this!

I was really hoping to catch a picture of Tyler and Brooke waving goodbye. They do it every morning. It is soooo cute because they both are so tiny. If you look close enough Tyler tried to press his face against the glass. He is right above the word "district". I could see him in the picture while in the folder but I dont' think I can see him here. 7th window from the back.


Have a great day kids! I'll miss you!

Now to turn around and head home. This is usually the time when I am thinking of how beautifully quiet it is and what the bus driver is experiencing right now but then the focus goes back on how quiet it is! This is a strange moment really because it is nice to be alone but the conversations I have just had with Tyler or Hayden resonate in my mind. I love talking with them. I love their perspective on things. But the air feels so beautiful and crisp (it's about 35 degrees), the birds are chirping and I can take a deep breath.

Here I am rounding the corner to the house. It looks so pretty in the morning with the sun just coming over the other rooftops. It is even more gorgeous when all the plants have leafed out and things are much more lush and vibrant. Aaaahhhh -

I can feel the peaceful feeling washing over me with my quiet walk home . . . then it slowly occurs to me that when I step through that door, my other work begins! Hello house cleaning!

No comments:

Post a Comment