Thursday, September 10, 2009

Margie's Bridal Shower!

So many events have happened recently that it feels weird even blogging them because some seem so far away now, but, I want to get caught up and they were all great things and I want to share them with you.

August 28, 09

This, for me, was a really neat occasion! I was happy to get to hold a Bridal Shower in my home for a young lady, Margie, I have known for 18 years! She is a member of the Church but she is also a very dear friend. It's funny to think that I used to babysit her (and her siblings - 14 in all!) and then when she got older for awhile she was our family hairstylist!
Her story is a neat one because she is actually marrying someone who was one of her best friends for years, they grew up together and after courting for about 2 years or so they are finally getting to tie the knot! I couldn't be happier for them both!
Congratulations Margie and Andrew!
But, this is just about Margie! And this is her!

She didn't want fancy decorations and all that so we went really simple . . .

I was sad that one of the pictures didn't come out because it was the end result of Hailey's hard work on the snack table. She had fanned out the napkins and we set up different flowers and it was really pretty!

This punch was fantastic! My friend Stephanie inherited this crystal punch bowl and it was amazing! It is probably the biggest punch bowl I have EVER seen! And even funner was what the floor felt like within the vicinity of the punch bowl! We had children at this party - need I say more . . .


Here is a picture of Margie with Emma - I wish I would have thought of getting more individual pictures of people but there were so many people here I was starting to do that "run around and take care of things" mode and actually missed out on a lot! Didn't get to watch much of the present opening part - but from what I did see she got some really wonderful heartfelt gifts.

Here are just some of the people that were present. We had chairs set clear back into the dining area!


A majority of the teens found themselves a cozy place in the front room where they could chat and text their little hearts out!

Tyler was my stair guard! We decided since there weren't too many babies that we wouldn't have them up in the bedroom with all the Lego's! Tyler wouldn't let anyone pass - well, except the adults. He was fantastic at this!

Hailey was also a big help. She watched a lot of the little kids (when she wasn't running around helping me) and I still owe her plenty! This allowed the young mom's to have a chance to chat and enjoy themselves.

I believe the party was a success! We were all pretty exhausted afterwards, actually we all fell asleep downstairs when we were talking!!! Hayden escaped the madness and spent the night at his cousin Johnny's.
This next picture doesn't seem like anything but what had happened is we were outside saying our goodbyes and right next to the moon there was a cloud that actually looked like a heart that was turned sideways! It was the coolest looking thing! You can't see the cloud at all but I thought I would post it anyways!

Hopefully I will get pictures of the wedding - it's not going to be held too far from here which is great!

No comments:

Post a Comment