Thursday, September 10, 2009

The First Day of School :)

The arrival of this day couldn't have come soon enough for all of the kids! I would have to say they were excited but I know that there were butterflies present just because of the unknown but the excitement outweighed the fear and the kids were chompin' at the bit to get out the door and see what adventures awaited them!!!

Hailey is our first to leave . . . a little after 7 a.m. she walks to a friends house (Kylie) where her Mom (Beth) gives them a ride to school. Beth happens to work at where Tyler goes to school so it is really near by. There is also a great benefit to that too because after school Hailey and her friend Kylie with a few others walk over to the Elementary and help out teachers until Kylie's mom gets off work and drives them home!
This is a wonderful thing for Hailey to get to do. This way Tyler also gets to see her almost every day!


Hayden is the second kid out the door at around 7:20 . . . he doesn't really have anyone to walk with but it isn't that far and he doesn't mind going by himself. I tried to walk with him once but at a nearby corner he let me know I had walked far enough and he was fine. (I knew he would do that but I thought it would be fun to have him fear that I would walk him to school - I have a weird sense of humor. I believe a parents job is to embarrass their kids).

This is our last one out the door! Tyler leaves around 8:20 and I actually do walk him to the bus. Trust me, it's a good idea. Tyler has a mind of curiosity and wonder which I think would cause much distraction to his destination . . . in other words, I don't want him to miss the bus because an interesting bug walked across the sidewalk!

There they are! Three different kids, three different schools, leave at three different times! It makes for an interesting day!
Knowledge is Power Kids - Get all you can!

No comments:

Post a Comment