Saturday, September 19, 2009

Game Night with the Boys :) !

I have to admit, it has been one of those days. Haven't had much energy, haven't felt all to well and just trying to get through the day and get through the house work.

Hayden has been feeling under the weather all day too and Tyler didn't really want to go outside so the boys were playing computer and Wii and Hayden laid around and read a lot. Kurt was away at work all day and Hailey went to help and the atmosphere was pretty drab. I actually found myself sitting at the computer and realizing that the boys had been on the Wii for a long time. I hadn't really seen them in a while and didn't feel good about that! So, I went down and suggested maybe playing a board game . . . they jumped at the chance. Since Hayden's head hurt I suggested something that didn't make a lot of noise . . .that knocked out Buckaroo and Trouble, Cage Bingo and Disney Yahtzee, Tyler suggested Candy Land (argh) but we all decided on Life! I like this game because it has a beginning and an ending, unlike Monopoly which can drag on forever - perfect to play with kids!


Willow was helping out with the instructions! This game was a lot of fun and Hayden ended up the winner by over 1.5 million more than me and Tyler, Tyler was second and I lost. I'm okay with it!
I didn't want to play life again so Hayden suggested a game he absolutely LOVES, Dragonology!
Hayden has a certain stealth about himself with this game but I have to admit it was very close! We toned the game down just a little for Tyler because there are some moves in this game (the card is called "confusion") where you can annihilate another player and knew he wasn't ready for that and Hayden also used an attack card(swoop) in a positive way for Tyler and it was the perfect example of good sportsmanship!

It was a heated battle between Hayden and I and we were not pulling out any stops! There was Hypnotizing, Swooping, Master Clawing and Deja Vu-ing all over the place. No idle threats were thrown and we knew a blood bath was a complete possibility! We were no longer Mother and Son, we were Master Dragonologists fighting to the death!

After over 2 hours of intense strategy and ruthlessness, Tyler was the victor! He was the happiest kid on the block! When you win at this game you get the huge honor of getting to write your name on a special list that is included on the game board in a special little envelope. Tyler was jumping all over the place! He stopped jumping long enough to sign his name!

In case you wanted to know, I won second and Hayden was third. It was a close match, he only had two spaces to move but I rolled the Dragons Eye and victory was mine! (well, at least I beat Hayden)! It was loads of fun and it beat watching a movie any day. The boys and I thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and really we all won because we got to spend the evening together and shared some special times! Hopefully next time Kurt and Hailey can join us too!

No comments:

Post a Comment