Wednesday, April 8, 2009

A Tylerism and Hailey's Blond Moment . . .

In Tyler's class they have snacks everyday at a certain time. The parents are to donate the snacks that are served in the classroom and today as I was putting a box of Club crackers in his backpack I was letting him know I was doing so and to make sure that they got to the teacher. He had informed me that the teacher had A LOT of fishy crackers and oh, some blue crackers (That's what he calls Graham Crackers - because when he was little he couldn't remember the names of the crackers but he was good at remembering colors so he went by the colors of the boxes : blue = Graham crackers, green= Club, red= Ritz, White = Saltines)

Anyway, I had said "Oh, she also has some Graham Crackers too huh!?" He said "yes, and do you know that Graham crackers have Graham in them?" (I was thinking, wow! he has been listening in health, he knows that graham flour in healthier than white flour!!!!!)
So, there I was smiling at him waiting for the dissertation on flours when he said "You know, Graham like in Graham - ma! I love, love, love, love, love my Gramma!"

If you don't think that it is funny maybe it was more of a "had to be there" moment - he was so serious! Through the eyes of a child . . . . speaking of . . . . . on to Hailey's Blond moment!

As Hailey was walking down the driveway on her way to school she had pointed toward the sky and Kurt and I were looking around trying to find what she was gesturing towards. Finally, when I couldn't figure it out I opened the door and called out to her asking what she was pointing at and then I paid closer attention to the direction of her point. It happened to be across the street there were two ducks sitting on top of houses. There was one on top of a two story house and the other one on a smaller home next door. They were almost facing one another and one of them was quacking up a storm - almost like they were arguing. I have to admit, it looked rather weird but just then Hailey turns around exasperated, throws her arms up in the air and said "How did they get up there"!!!!! I just stared at my 3.8 GPA daughter and said "Hailey, they are ducks - they can fly!" Immediately Hailey realized her blond moment and quickly headed to school!

She said she doesn't think this is funny.


No comments:

Post a Comment