Wednesday, April 8, 2009

All In A Day's Work !

It just seems amazing to me how much we can fit into some days and other days feel as if we barely get anything done!
Yesterday was one of those days that was so busy that it was fantastic!

To start the day off, it actually started the night before when I had a little guy (Jayden) spend the night. His mom Holly, who is a very close friend of mine had to go to an all day field trip with her daughter in the morning so we had Jayden. Jayden is five and as rambunctious as Tyler - that means "active"!

One of my goals for this day, since it was supposed to be one of the nicest days we have had in a long time, was to transplant four Red Twig Dogwoods that aren't getting enough sun under my Locust trees and Trumpet Vines. I started to do my transplanting. I had to move them from here . . .

and put some of them here. I managed to get two done (had a late start due to situations) by lunchtime. Time to stop and feed myself and Jayden who informed me he was "starving"!

Did I mention that I was also going to watch another little guy for a friend of mine, Debbie? This is actually her Grandson. So, if this makes sense . . . Jayden is Holly's son, Holly is actually one of Debbie's daughters and Garrett is Debbie's Grandson, Holly's Nephew and Jayden's Cousin!


We have watched him a few times before and he was always the sweetest little baby - happy, content etc. Well, not so today! I think the poor little guy wasn't feeling well. He was fed carrots and a bottle before we got him - which he proceeded to donate amounts of it to a quilt he was laying on, my carpet, his bibs and clothing! He was also fairly grumpy and was mostly content WHILE BEING HELD!

I had him for about 4 hours - so I had to put a lot of things on the back burner for about three of them! I even had to hold him while he was napping so he would actually take one! Of course holding a baby sucks wakefulness out of you and I ended up drifting off a little myself!
I got to put him in the stroller and take him for a walk where we walked up to the front of the subdivision to pick Hailey up after school!

I have to say, this little guy has it made when he comes over. The kids absolutely love him. He rarely touches the ground when he is here and Tyler loves to read to him!
So, when the boys got home from school they had kids to play with. When everyone had arrived and picked up their kids it seemed so quiet! I love babies but am pretty sure I am past the time of life when I would want another one. You forget how much work they are. And nothing compares to the smell of any "urpy" baby!
So, after all that commotion and getting dinner out there I did manage to finish transplanting the two remaining plants. Filling in the final hole as the sky was getting dark!
What a wonderful, fantastic, busy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment