Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Feel The Force . . .

The other day Hayden and Tyler decided they wanted to play "lightsabers" before the kids arrived for babysitting. I said they could just for a little bit and I have to say I was surprised at how the neighborhood kids came out of the woodworks with lightsabers to join in possibly the biggest lightsaber battlefest ever!

First I snuck a couple of shots through the front room windows hoping to catch the action live. . .




But I soon just went out into the garage to get better shots because the action kept moving. You should have heard all of the sounds the kids were making. Hayden and Tyler are what I would call "excellent" at lightsaber fighting. They have all the spins and poses down to perfection. They have practiced these a lot. . .
One kid kept exclaiming towards Hayden "Wow man, you're really good - you're just like Yoda"!
(I think Hayden liked that. But I really don't think he looks anything like Yoda).

A kid brought a couple of swords of some kind and Hayden latched on to those right away and I think a little bit of "Eragon" came into play too!

The boy squatting in the grass is actually a kid of about 14 years old and probably close to 6 foot! He was actually leaping around like a huge frog and said he was a "minion"! You could get his "attack service" if you could tap him on the head. He would sneak up behind your enemies and make this extremely weird noise and pretend he was hurting you. It was a little strange so I stayed close by.

Run for your life young Padawan . . . Hayden is coming!








Go get him Ty! Watch out for the "Minion"!

Well, I can't remember how long it all lasted. I am sure longer than an hour and the boys had a grand ole time.
I was waiting for Darth Vader to show up at any minute or maybe some clone droids to drop down and take hostages.
As for some self defense on this. . . . if I didn't have kids and a husband who love Star Wars, I probably wouldn't really know any of this stuff!


No comments:

Post a Comment