Friday, April 17, 2009

The Magic Shoe . . .

After dealing with a bruised feeling on the right side of my right foot, that kept getting increasingly worse over the course of four months, I thought I might ask a Dr. their opinion on the matter! I was fearing Gout because my Dad has been suffering with that but didn't think you would get it on the side of your foot.

I have to admit I was shocked at the reply. It seems I have a "Stress Fracture" on my foot!
And now for the next six weeks I have to wear this little beauty . . .


Kurt refers to it as my "Magic Shoe" . . . I, of course, find nothing magical about it. I think the more appropriate term is . . . "The Boot of Hindrance"!



So far I have learned that you can not run in it, balance on uneven surfaces, climb or descend the stairs in a timely manner, jump up to sit on a counter because it will pull your leg down away from you and pull the muscles in your side, kneel to pull weeds, sneak up on anyone, or kick anything with it (your foot will still hurt if you do that)! I have also learned that when you wear the boot you put extra weight on your other foot to compensate and when your boot-free foot steps on a piece of hard dog food hidden in the carpet it hurts really bad and will leave an indentation in your skin for a long time!

Well, those are the only things I have learned in the last two days. I am sure there will be others to share! We can take this healing ride together!

No comments:

Post a Comment