Sunday, January 18, 2009

Sickness and Sleds . . . .

Just getting Hailey better and off to school found me not feeling very well for most of the week and then I got a call from the school on Thursday that Tyler had gone to the nurse about a head that "hurt like crazy" and turned out he also had a fever. This was sad because there had been an invitation to go up to the Baker's cabin. I believe it was in part so Kurt could help Rob fix a snow blower but you can't just go up to the mountains to work . . .


But, I think when you are up in the mountains they just call to you - "come play"! I noticed out of all the pictures that Tanya had taken (and kindly passed on to me) there were only a few of the working and a lot of the playing!!! But how can you resist!

Oh, there is also other benefits to being in the mountains . . .

Kids also trying to feed the deer . . .


The next group of shots are wonderful! Looking at these magnificent animals I always have a hard time imagining how a hunter could shoot them. Unless you were starving and had no options, but still . . .






Mom, can I keep him!






Okay - now past all the sentimental, cutsie animal pics that tug at your heartstrings and evoke feelings of peace, calm and serenity let's get to the real reason for going to the cabin!

Hailey, Hayden, Gloria and Zach besting the large snow balls!


See what happens when Mom isn't around! As far as I knew Hailey didn't have a driver's license!
Come to think of it, I'm pretty sure Hayden doesn't either!










Playing in the snow can be soooo exhausting!


Needless to say - Tyler and I missed out on what looks like a grand adventure full of beautiful mountains, gorgeous wildlife and lawbreaking snowmobile driving!!! I am not sure though how much we did miss since the kids were covered with bruises from sledding and the groaning that is going on with all three of them of how stiff they are! Whimps. Next time Ty and I will have to go and show them how to play!


No comments:

Post a Comment