Friday, January 23, 2009

Ode to the Sun . . .

Ode to the Sun
Alas O sun, where be your shine?
with golden rays that pierce the mind
with thoughts of meadows, pure and gold
we are to see you or so we're told!
But what comes to my searching eyes
is gray and yuck - Behold these skies!
Dim and dismal, most sadly kept
Oh why O sun, Why have you slept?


Okay - I'm sorry. I couldn't help it! We were supposed to see the sun today. We were told by the trusty weatherman that this little storm front that is coming through, that dropped a fine dusting of snow overnight, was supposed to break up the inversion and clear up our skies. Well, these pictures were taken this morning and, hello! I don't see any sun anywhere!!!!
So, there is a cause for the melancholy attitude. Without sun I feel as though I am withering away. I end up feeling as grumpy as the sky looks!
On a positive note . . . at least with the snow it is a little more tolerable!
Feast your eyes on our hazy skies!







The only one here who I believe is not affected by this inversion!


I am glad I got that out of my system. I do feel a tiny bit better.

No comments:

Post a Comment