Thursday, August 13, 2009

Nampa Nights . . .

Well, I finally made it out to the thursday evening gig that Kurt has been working at for his second summer in a row. It is called Nampa Nights and it is a little patch of grass with a stage located in the old downtown Nampa area. They hold this in an attempt to revitalize the old part of town. It is actually a quaint little area where they close off the street to give people walking and sitting room and it felt very comfortable there!
I had a nice time. It was great to get out and hang with family for a bit! The weather was perfect!


This is the group. Their name is "The Flavors" and although the name leaves a lot to be desired the lead singer has a pretty good voice and some of the songs were quite good. . . I won't say a lot about their version of "Ring of Fire" from Johnny Cash . . . it just left me feeling a little frightened :)!

This is the back of Pat's head! I wanted to include her in the blog because she helped me get to Nampa. I drove the back roads but had her drive in town. I am glad I did because I hadn't been into the town of Nampa for a long time and at times I wasn't quite sure where I was!
Thanks Pat!

I wanted this dog. Very cute!

Tyler helping out his Daddy!

We brought Hayden with us (Hailey had spent the day with her Dad) and he decided he was going to stay so he could help tear down the equipment. They love helping.



I was surprised at the size of the crowd. There were all kinds of people there, very interesting! This evening the band played longer because the town was holding a walking event, a group of people who were "walking against domestic violence" and there was supposed to be 500 to 1000 people who were going to show up later on because the walk was to end here.
I have to point out the old gentleman you see near the bottom of the picture was actually rocking out to some of the music - the rock songs!

I would like to come back out to this event and maybe take a little time to walk around and check out some of the local shops. Kurt told me they had a couple of bookstores really close by and I noticed there was also an antique shop. It is actually a very cute and comfortable area!


I made Hayden take our picture. Kurt kept his eyes open this time! I was thrilled to get to go and spend a little time with Kurt. I definitely hope to make it out to this event again. Maybe come earlier when he arrives for setup and when he is working hard I can browse some shops! Aren't we a cute couple?!
Kurt, still as handsome as the day I married him!

Sadly when I got home I realized that I hadn't even gotten a picture of Tanya, Zach or Gloria!(Rob was working another show in Boise). Will have to be more on my toes next time. Hopefully Tanya will have some good pictures too. Will have to click the link to her blog in the future to see what she has! I had a great time talking with Tanya too!

No comments:

Post a Comment