Monday, June 1, 2009

Time With Dad!

When I realized that Kurt actually had the day off I wanted to make it something special for all of us. Kurt has been VERY busy lately and we really haven't seen a whole lot of him the last couple of weeks and I know that things are going to pick up even more with all the summer shows and such coming up. So, I thought it would be fun to have a barbecue with him and maybe play some catch or something.

We ended up not getting to barbecue because the propane tank was out of gas so we ended up cooking them inside (sad, they taste so much better cooked outside)! But, I wasn't going to let that dampen the fun until someone suggested that they watch " a little " of a movie while eating. Well, no one can just watch a little of a movie so they ended up watching the whole Star Trek movie. This was the older one about the Genesis program.

We finally got outside around 9 p.m. and it was really nice out! Played some basketball and catch. It was fun. I think we need to do that more often!
Here are a few pics - I didn't get to play much B-ball due to the "boot of hindrance" but, I did what I could. It is really hard to do a lay-up when you can't bend your foot!

They are trying to give Tyler plenty of chances to make a basket - this was funny.







Hayden wanted a turn!


Hailey got a little close to the camera -



Kurt trying for a half court dunk! He did this forward and backwards - not too successful but we were there for him.


Who is bouncing more, Ty and the ball or me and the camera?


It is hard with this camera to get a good moving shot. After you press the button it takes a few seconds to actually take the picture and then the person is done what they were doing and walking away, hence this picture.


I didn't get any catching/baseball pictures because I actually got to do that because we were just standing apart and doing that plus it was getting dark and hard to see.
I hope we will get to do this again soon. I had a good time and I know the kids did too. We all love spending time with Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment