Friday, June 19, 2009

Crazy Days of Summer!

Since school let out for summer, family members seemed to hit the ground running! The kids got out of school on June 3rd and both Hailey and Hayden were enrolled in Summer Camps that began on the 8Th!
The 5Th and 6Th, Hailey and Hayden spent those days with their Dad at a job he was working at Star Mule Days. Hayden left for Grandma's on the 7Th and it was off to the races!

Both the kids had a very long week but when Grandma brought Hayden back we got to spend a little time at a local park.
This park is pretty unique - it is built with the handicapped in mind so they can play along with kids that don't have handicaps. They have a big play set area that is wheelchair accessible, a music area, water fountain play area and a rock climbing area. There are covered picnic areas, a football field, baseball diamonds, (I think soccer areas), large wide open spaces and even a fishing pond! The park is not even close to being finished but it is so big they are doing it in stages.

ANYWAY, Grandma brought us over there one afternoon to hang out for awhile and I didn't quite get a lot of pictures of the kids running around but I did get a few! Hailey missed out because she was in the last day of her camp but I am sure we will get her over there sometime this summer!

We also brought with us a football, some camp chairs (not enough) and a baseball and some gloves.

Here the boys are tossing a football - they had a lot of fun even though Tyler almost hit a family having a picnic at a bench close by ( we moved after that)!

Is that Joe Theismann or Hayden?

Grandma kicking back in the shade!

I really want to get some of these rocks in my back yard - they were cool and actually fairly high up! King of the Hill!

This kind of activity is perfect for Tyler! Keeps him busy!

You can't tell in the shade but his feet weren't quite touching the ground. I wanted it to have a dramatic effect.

Tyler conquering one of the smaller hills!



Hayden pretending to come close to falling off a tall rock.


Hayden encouraging Tyler to climb the tallest rock there - he made it up with a little bit of a struggle.


Tyler was thrilled he made it to the top until he looked down! He immediately squatted down as close to the rock as possible and got a very concerned look on his face. He wanted down . . . NOW!

We had to really coax him to get him down. He started to get a touch teary but I stood at the bottom to let him know I would catch him if anything happened.
Even though he was a little frightened I believe he had a good time - I think we all did. I didn't want to leave but there was dinner cooking and things to do. I made a mental note to myself that I definitely wanted to get to the park with the kids more this summer. It's simple, free and lots of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment