Monday, June 1, 2009

Quilting - pieces parts!

Well, have had some opportunities lately to get started back up working on our quilt!
I have to admit it is getting pretty exciting since you can now see it start to come together. We are finally completed with all of the individual blocks! I think they look great!


No one could have prepared me for how time consuming it is to cut out pieces. Since this was a "Quilt Block of the Month" quilt - all of the blocks pieces were already cut out - you just had to sew them together. But, to start piecing your quilt together you have to cut out all that yourself. All I can say is that if I didn't have a rotary cutter and cutting board I wouldn't be here typing this post, I would be in a funny farm somewhere. . . bald!!!
Unbelievable - it took me almost two separate days to cut out the pieces needed to just piece together the front of the quilt. I had to take a picture of them but I want to say another shocking thing . . . this isn't ALL of the pieces I had to cut. I wouldn't be able to fit them in the picture!
So, now I am slowly joining all of these pieces with the blocks and creating rows. Will get some more pictures when I progress.
I can't wait to finish this. I think it is going to look great!

No comments:

Post a Comment