Sunday, May 3, 2009

Sunday Storms

Fall is my favorite time of year hands-down, but Spring has become my close second favorite. I used to just think of Spring as a yucky, muddy time of year but of the last so many years it really captures my attention due to the turbulent weather that comes with it!

This is a fantastic looking sky! It is one of my favorite colors. I call it Eeyore-gray and could look at it all day! You know when you see this on the horizon that fun is just around the corner!
Just gives me chills!




This picture doesn't do it justice but the rain was pretty heavy and the wind was blowing fairly hard to where it was hitting our sliding doors which are underneath a covered patio! The water is just gushing out of the rain gutter.

If you look close enough you can see the front line of the storm heading east on the top of the picture and see how hard the rain is falling that the gutters in the street are already full - This is really extra interesting too because at this moment there is a Tornado warning for several of the counties above ours! Tornado's in Idaho?????

Rain has ended but leaves behind it's beautiful reminders!


Since I took these pictures and have done this post another storm has come through with more intense rain than this storm had, lightning and thunder! Afterward the sun poked it's head out of the clouds to give us some respite.
Looking out the window now, the dark clouds are back . . . sinister and looming . . . bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment