Thursday, May 7, 2009

My Blond Moment ? . . . .

All you ladies out there have been in this position before - you have company and there are things you "hide" places so your house will look cleaner . . . well, I ended up having our Christian Living Bible Class at my house this morning (because the normal homes had sickness) and in the process of straightening up I placed a plate with a few leftover pieces of cake in the oven to get it off the counter. At the time it seemed like a brilliant idea because no one would be using it during class.

I only remembered it later when I was heating up the oven to make some cookies. I kept smelling cake and told myself that I really needed to clean the oven until it hit me!
AAAAHHHH the plate with the cake!!!!!!

So this is what a cake with plastic wrap looks like after being in a 375 degree oven!

So is this cake or molten lava????
I have to admit I was very nervous about what would become of this. I love this plate - it was given to me by my sister Pat, 4 years ago and it is very pretty and thankfully well made. I was so sure it would crack. The knife seemed to have survived as well but I haven't attempted yet to get the frosting and cake off of it. I wouldn't suggest eating the cake either!
All I can say is that thankfully there was no fire but who know what carcinogens were released from the melted plastic.
Now, I must accept the fact that I also have blond moments!
This should please Hailey

No comments:

Post a Comment