Sunday, May 3, 2009

Randy's Home . . . for a short time !

Friday night we had the opportunity to have a little get-together to spend some time visiting with Randy who is in town on "vacation" from being a Marine stationed in New York!

It was great to see him since it has been quite some time since we had seen him last and enjoyed his many stories of car racing on back roads and tom-foolery in Walmart on Hoverrounds!

Try to ignore the hand in the lower right-hand corner. Bryan was having issues with trying to block my shot of the girls - - - I think I bonked him on the head after that! The girls found this amusing.

Dylan was the first to break into the MANY fantastic desserts we had at our get-together! Nothing like sugar to pull a group of people together!

This is Dad BEFORE the coffee and sugar! I was glad he could make it! Sadly though not very many of the women made it! Both Chris and Debra were sick and Pat had a bad day at work and I felt a little outnumbered. But, I survived!

Bryan thought he was very funny with his camera - - - well, actually he was being funny.

Hi Brodie!

I was just thinking when I looked at the picture of Brodie about how big he is getting . . . then the next picture is of Hailey . . . I'm starting to feel old all of a sudden!

Thankfully it was a very mild evening and the kids took the opportunity to go outside and burn up some of their energy.
Jonny, Tyler and Ryan were enjoying the tramp while, Dylan was on the swing.

Not sure how Kimmy got Maddie up there but they were having fun!


Good catch Hayden!





Sorry Ryan - didn't realize I was so close!



Mmmmmm - that's about all I can say!

Believe it or not, Kimmy made this Coffee Cake all by HERSELF! It was absolutely spectacular! I could have eaten the whole thing myself. Thankfully they took the rest home with them or I would have hips as wide as the Snake River!

Maddie was quite entertaining, as you can imagine. She speaks in a kind of "breathy" way and everything she says sounds so cute so of course she was encouraged to say anything we could think up just so we could hear her say it. And she had absolutely no problem with being the center of attention!

This was Hailey's first attempt at making a "Checkerboard Cake" and it turned out great! It was not only pretty to look at and a conversation piece but, yeah, it was delicious!


Kids attacking the snacks!



Tyler really enjoyed the powdered donuts that Grandpa brought!

Not really sure why Emma is trying to feed Maddie a snap bead toy -


Randy did have some interesting stories. Whether he realizes it or not he is a pretty good story teller. I have to admit there were many times when listening to his stories I wondered how he had evaded doing some jail time . . .

It was great that Kurt could make it too! He had to work but managed to get to visit for a little while before it got late for everyone.


Emma hugging the life out of Hayden! Jonny wanted in on it too.

Maddie was starting to get pretty tired so it was time for her and Erica to go! It was nice to have everyone over. Will have to do it again real soon!


At this point I gave Kurt the camera because I really wanted to get a picture with Randy! It is amazing to me how tall these kids get! It was great to get to see Randy. I hope it is not so long between visits the next time!

Sad that this turned out a little blurry. I think Kurt was more tired than I realized!!!!
I think this is a really cute picture of the three of them!

Sorry you will have to go back to New York so soon Randy but only two more years active in the Marines and you will have more control over your time! Hang in there it will go faster than you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment