Saturday, December 27, 2008

Lazy, Snowy Saturday Afternoon . . .

"Oh the weather outside is frightful

But the fire is so delightful

And since we've no place to go

Let it Snow! Let it Snow! Let it Snow!"





Since it is snowing pretty good outside and it is also windy and gray all of us seem to be touched with a lazy feeling. No one is pushing themselves to really do anything. Even I have cut it back to only 4 loads of laundry, one sink of dishes, only cleaning the family room once, hanging up the snowpants . . . I don't think I really understand the meaning of lazy, but, I think I will check out my family and see how it's done!

Ahh - the Wii! Hours of lazy-time fun!



Watching someone play the Wii - Also lazy-time fun! (I am supposed to let you know that Hayden DID go outside for a little while and play football with a friend . . . he didn't want to be labeled as lazy)! I just must have caught him at a down moment.



Ty really has it down, he didn't bother waking up until almost 11 a.m.!!!!! Hey, where is that lazy mom who is supposed to help him with his hair?



Well, could playing piano really be considered lazy???? Well, if you did it in your pajama pants I would think so!!!!!



Well, things did get a little constructive here. Hailey has been practicing a piece called "conquistador" It is really quite pretty. She is supposed to be in some kind of festival in February and she will be judged on how she plays. Kurt overheard and decided to come in and tinker along with her on his guitar. After that they were mixing it in a traditional sound and then a rock sound. Being dreamers we also started talking about maybe them doing a classical/rock duet at a school concert in the future. But of course, Kurt being in the sound business, he started throwing in all these production/stage ideas (then things got a little out of hand . . . we were at theatre performance level when I left the room)!


Hayden plans on taking up the Cello this summer. Hailey keeps talking about a family band. I am sure with Tyler's energy he would be perfect on the drums. That leaves me being the nerd with the triangle! Or maybe the tambourine. . . Someone will just have to teach me rhythm. Yeah, it's that bad. Oh wait - I could turn the sheet music, pack around the instruments and get them their drinks and snacks! Is there such a thing as a "roadie-mom"?


Let it Snow! Let it Snow! Let it Snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment