Friday, March 12, 2010

The Winds of Change . . . .

Have you ever had a time in your life where you just feel that things are changing, shifting in a different direction? It's weird but I have had just that kind of feeling lately. It's almost like when you are single and then you get married . . . big shift. You've been married for awhile and along comes the first baby . . . big shift. I think it is just that family dynamics are changing and it just feels weird.



Hailey is waiting for her acceptance letter for driver's training . . . HUGE shift. We are also waiting for her to be accepted into a different High School, the Meridian Medical Arts Charter High School where she is going to to be making a big step toward her career into the medical field. . . another big shift. She is going with her Grandma to Arizona and she will fly back on an airplane for the first time . . . another big shift. She's growing up!



Hayden has decided he wants to be home schooled next year. This is also not only a big shift for him but also for me but I can see so many possibilities to let him grow in his studies at his pace where he will have the opportunity to get as far ahead as he is able without being held back by class schedules. I am truly excited for him. He is very bright and I think this will open doors for him. He's becoming a young man.



Tyler is going to be eight soon. I am not sure why but it seems to be so different from 7. He is not so tiny any more (actually, he is finally growing!) and he is truly becoming a big boy which is a little hard for me. I don't think I will get away with little nicknames like: my little fluffy muffin and spankalicious any more. He is starting to do that thing where he doesn't want to wear his coat anymore to the bus stop. Big Shift. The apron strings are almost transparent here.



I think what it comes down to is I am getting older and so are my kids. Their needs and mine are changing. . . I think of what it will be like when the kids are grown up and have lives of their own. Will Kurt and I have anything left to talk about without the kids' shenanigans (tee hee hee)?
Only time will tell . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment