Monday, March 15, 2010

Progress . . .

I would love to say that I am almost finished with the "Three Generation" quilt that I have been working on but sadly to say, now that I have learned more about quilting, I think the hardest part is yet to come.

I have pieced together all the squares that my Grandmother, Hailey and I have put together. I have finished the top, added the batting and the backing and have created the all popular Quilt Sandwich.
Now what is left is actually doing the quilting design - this is going to be the most time consuming. I am actually in the process of basting the three layers together and that is a work in itself. The only "out of the way" place I could find that would fit this process was my bathroom floor!
I put a few lines of basting in but have many more to go but had to put it up because life got in the way :) .

I hope I will be able to finish it before Hailey is in college!



The colors on it are so beautiful. I just love it. But I am sure when I am finished NO ONE is going to touch it!!!!! I have really developed a deep respect for the women who quilt and it makes me think about the pioneer women who had to make these for their families in the midst of all their other daily work. Wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment