Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Spring Break - Where?

All I can say is that so far this hasn't been much of a spring break! Yesterday was overcast with a touch of rain and pretty dreary. Today, downhill from there.
Not only was it dark and dreary when I awoke but it was pouring rain! I have three boys in the house that really need some outdoor time! They did go out but it didn't last too long.
Hayden, Tyler and Jonathan were back in with their light sabers in a matter of minutes. It was quite breezy and the breeze was pretty cold.

Trying to catch a picture of the rain drops.

I don't know why I took a picture of some of my yard creatures but they just looked so cold and sad. The poor kitty is just all hunkered up, probably fighting off a big chill.

The bunny just looks plain frozen to death! He really puffed himself up!

Now things really took a turn for the worse. Believe it or not we started to have a slight BLIZZARD! Yes, you heard me right. It started to snow and blow and howl outside! I almost couldn't believe my eyes. This is a picture out of my kitchen window.

It's hard to pick up the snow but it was coming down. You could see how hazy it appears in the background. For some reason at this moment I was thinking of a wonderful phone call I had earlier in the day when my daughter Hailey called me from Arizona where she is visiting Kurt's brother and his family with Grandma and she had mentioned something about it maybe being in the 90's today where she was . . . also some story about sleeping by the pool for a few hours and getting a tan yesterday. Hmmmmmm.




Yes, that's really snow! You should have seen the size of the flakes - almost quarter size I would guess.

This was the only thing I could do to keep myself from crying . . . nothing like a nice, hot bowl of Tuscan Soup when you're in the middle of a Spring Break Snowstorm!

No comments:

Post a Comment