Saturday, February 20, 2010

12, Already?

I think they say that when kids hit the age of about 10 they are now called "tweens" instead of kids. So I had told Hayden since he is turning 12, he is officially a "Senior Tween"! I think he liked that. This is our last year of somewhat normal behavior before he hits the actual teenage time frame where I grip onto something tight and hang on for the ride!

Hayden loves football (still) so for (I think) the third year in a row we have done a football theme. I found these cute little gold foil footballs this year. Made it quite easy to decorate.

Hayden had a small party this year. He just wanted his boy cousins over and Grandma made the trip down to also help him celebrate. I think he had a great time!



Grandma and Brodie


Oh, Chris, Emma and Kelsey hung around for just a little bit after they dropped Jonathan off. We girls love to chat! - Except Kelsey here - she found something interesting on her fingernail I think!

Hayden says he has to wear his Brett Favre football Jersey for these birthdays and if you look back you will see that he has! After seeing it on him though, I told him this would probably be the last birthday to get away with wearing it!

Brodie, Ryan and Dylan - waiting for this party to get started.

We actually bought the game "Twister". I remember playing this when I was a kid and loved it. Nothing better than to get a bunch of teen boys to sweat . . . what was I thinking?

Football stuff . . .
Hayden's other favorite passion . . . Legos, especially Star Wars Legos!


Was pretty excited about this remote control car too!



Let the games begin!
Dylan is very excited!





They also decided to play a "quick" game of Life.



Here he goes - blowing out the candles. This year sure has gone fast!

Even Bryan hung out a bit to chat with Kurt out in the garage.

All in all it was a pretty fun day. Hayden is happy to be 12. He is such a nice, smart wonderful kid! Trying to think of where he gets that?????!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment