Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Church Sitting :)

Almost every Monday I have the joy of getting to babysit while brethren from the Church go out to talk to people about the Bible! Because of location I watch the same family of kids a lot! That is fine with me, they are practically family.

This sitting I decided that I wanted to do a theme on scientific things - things that God made, things man made but how God created the basics of everything down to atoms and such.

I wanted to do things that had chemical reactions and I think the kids had a good time!

First we made some "Gooey Gunk" (I think it is like Gak):


Aren't kids creative!
Jayden's turtle . . .

I think Owen is starting to make a snake . . .

I can't remember what Ingrid made but I also forgot to turn the picture around the right way, sorry Ingrid!

After we played with that for quite awhile we went on to the next one. This stuff is called "Magic Muck" and it is really weird. When you first pick it up and squeeze it you can make a ball out of it and then you open your hand and it turns back into a liquid and drips!
Some kids were reluctant to touch this!


The next thing didn't go as well as I had hoped. I was trying to re-enact a volcano with red food coloring for a fantastic effect. . . . Hmmmm.



I wasn't quick enough with the camera and it overflowed so fast I didn't catch it but the kids really enjoyed it!

Owen, Hayden, Emmett and Tyler!

The kids had a lot of fun . . . I should have made washing the dishes part of the "fun"!


After all that brain work we decided to have a snack. Simple pretzels and popcorn!
Tyler, Uriah and Hayden!


Smile Ingrid!


Emmett ducking away from the camera . . .


Hi Alayna! It was sad because Hailey didn't really get a chance to do this with us because she had a BIG project due the next day and needed Kurt's help with it, so Alayna was the only teen girl!





I would like to do another science based topic again. This was fun. What a great group of kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment