Friday, April 16, 2010

Terra Cotta . . .

Yesterday was mine and Kurt's 22nd Anniversary. According to a card he gave me on our 11th anniversary that is what we were supposed to gift each other this year, Terra Cotta. This card always brings a smile to my face. It is not the traditional schedule of gifts mentioned on typical lists like china, lace, etc., it has things like:

Caulking
Duct Tape
Naugahyde
Spackle
Plexiglass
Soup
Burlap
Wood Grain, etc.
The only traditional ones it kept was at 1 year you give paper, 25 years Silver and 50 years Gold.
I did manage to find Kurt a cute plant pot but where I was shopping it wasn't the typical Terra Cotta so I improvised and filled it with Milky Ways so it would be accepted!
We did take a little time for a late lunch at a nearby restaurant called Ginos. And after we got home we got a great example of Kurt's cat-like reflexes in catching a candy bar
(you would had to have been there to understand it).

No comments:

Post a Comment