Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Just for the Blog of it!

It's been a long time without anything really interesting to post. . . I have had sick kids off and on (and me intermittently) for the past week or so, sooooooo, no one has really done anything interesting and for some strange reason the kids won't let me take their pictures when they are sick so I can blog about it!!!
But, I can feel the pressure about producing something fresh for my readers to see.

First of all, weather-wise it has been a very strange week or so. It seems as if we slipped from full-on summer to winter within a week. We went from 90 degree days to 45 - 57 degree days within one weeks time and that is very sad to me because fall is my favorite time of year! Today's high actually hit around 61 degrees so I was pretty happy about that! The air was fresh and beautiful, the birds were going crazy in my trumpet vines out back and I actually opened the windows and gave the house a nice airing. So at least for today, fall was in full swing!

On top of that an old friend of the kids stopped by unexpectedly . . . his name is Nick and he used to live down the street. His family moved a few years ago and we didn't see much of him and then about a month ago out of nowhere he showed up at the door! I almost didn't recognize him because (being a teenage boy) he changed so much; taller, longer hair, face shape changed but I could still identify him by his voice. It was great to see him.
Today he stopped by again unexpectedly and him and the kids hung out a bit.


This is Nick not wanting his picture taken. Just to let you know, he never did fully cooperate but I did the best an annoying adult could do!


Hailey was trying to help me by pulling away his face guard (his broken skateboard)! When he used to come over and hang out when he lived down the street Hailey just loved it. She said "I want him to be my brother"! I then had to kindly remind her that she already had two of her own but he seemed funner to her!



Here is Nick with the two neighbor boys, Landon and Hayden. Did I ever mention that the neighbor boys' name is Hayden also and although he is a few years younger than my Hayden they actually have the same birth date! It's weird!

Tyler just being Tyler! You gotta love it!!!!


Now to take a break from the people in the yard and take some pics of some of my other favorite objects of love . . . my plants! You must be patient since I sometimes have "focus issues" but I wanted to capture some of the color before winter shoulders it's way back into our world!
Here is two of my favorites (not too hard to say because almost everything I planted in my yard are my favorites)!
This is a combo of the fire of a Burning Bush along with the sweetness of the Moonbeam Coreopsis.

My normally gorgeous Mums! This year they aren't fairing as well. I have to move some that are out back that got way too much shade this year. They love the sun!

Another Mum! When the Burgundy and Yellow are combined they really Pop!

The Marigolds with their final "hurrah" for the summer. We have had some frost and I can tell they are getting tired. Some of the foliage is turning color. They won't be here much longer. I will miss you little guys!



This was a real shocker! This Iris actually bloomed again! They usually only bloom in the spring so I am not sure what this little one's agenda was! I like to think of it as a nice little surprise!


Last but not least the fading blooms of my Trumpet Vine. There aren't a whole lot of blooms left and it won't be long now until I have to take out my pruners and spend literally HOURS trimming back these vines to the fence. I have done it once in the spring and once in the fall and I much prefer the fall, it looks much tidier through the winter and it can just go to town once spring hits!


There you have it. My little fall walk-about in the yard and some random thoughts. I hope that will hold you over until I actually do something interesting!
Have a great Fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment