Saturday, July 25, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TYLER!

TYLER IS OFFICIALLY 7 YEARS OLD!

Tyler FINALLY turned 7 on the 24th of July! He has been waiting for this day for a whole year! He absolutely just loves getting older and was thrilled to get to have a birthday party. He wanted family for this one and not a whole bunch of kids his age (I was okay with that - didn't have to come up with games and things).

It turned out to be a relatively small party. Here is Hailey, Emma, and Aunt Pat. Uncle Mark couldn't make it, he was very ill, Kurt had to work and Bryan had taken all the boys out of town to visit their grandparents and that left Debra home but she wasn't feeling very well either.

Here are a few of the other guests. Kelsey, Kimmy and Chris!

Poor Dad was the only adult guy there but I think he didn't mind. We had cake, ice cream and coffee. That makes up for it all!

First to the gifts! Tyler hit pay dirt! He got a cool shirt, a buckaroo game which is fun and some skittles in this picture!

From here on out - it's Lego Country!











Hard to see in this picture but Hayden paid for this set himself! And Tyler even got a limited edition gold Lego Character Key chain!

Since I had a feeling this was going to be a LegoFest, I decided that I was going to make that the theme . . . I tried my hand at making a "Lego Brick" cake. It is strange looking but I think it turned out okay! Was very interesting to get icing onto! Very sad because when I called Tyler into the kitchen to show him he had no idea what it was (I held back the tears) but Hayden guessed. Thanks Buddy! Tyler got excited after he figured it out!





Hayden and Jonathan added some of the finishing touches. They lined up Lego Characters all around the base of the cake. We added candles but the problem was that there were only 6 knobs and Tyler was going to be 7 - Oh, what to do????


Anakin Skywalker came to the rescue and flew in on his spaceship carrying the final candle on the end of a skewer! (Hayden was VERY concerned that this ship was going to break free and fall into the cake - I mean VERY concerned)!





So, here goes Ty blowing out the six candles . . .

And for the seventh one to officially make him 7! He had a lot of fun with this. Looks like Grandpa wants to give him a little help in the background!

The party turned out great! All the kids helped Tyler put together the Lego sets and played the bucking donkey game, ate lots of cake and ice cream and candy. Later on it was fun to sit out front with Dad, Chris, Kelsey, Hailey, Emma and me and chat about a lot of different things! We even got to see a huge falling star! Emma and Hailey had never seen one. Everyone ended up leaving after 10:30 p.m. I think for Tyler it was a birthday to remember!
I think after today I am going to take some time and look into buying some Lego Stocks. I think we own half the company by now!

No comments:

Post a Comment